Friday, September 30, 2011

How I Got Here

I wake up most mornings and think that this is not where I thought I would be in life. 30 and single...never married, no kids and back in college. 

My ex...I met him through a mutual friend just over two years ago.  He's younger than me by 9 years but that didn't seem to matter.  We hit it off immediately and started dating but I couldn't totally commit...I wasn't ready to put my whole heart out there to be crushed (because that's what usually happened).  We casually dated for a few months and then broke things off completely.  After a few more months I realized that this guy was a good guy, he really liked me, he was polite, he had definately been paitient with me so I decided to give it a chance.  Two months in things were great...we moved in together, we did almost everything together.  Sure we had our little arguements but who doesn't.  This was June of 2010...fast forward to March 2011 and he has been offered an amazing job out of state doing what he loves.  It's only 5 hours away, we talk and realize that we can handle the long distance thing and that we'll make it work.

Turns out...we couldn't.  We had different opinions on how to handle this distance.  I wanted to be able to talk to him...he thought I was being too needy.  So many other things have happened and I am now trying to deal with this horrible breakup that I didn't want at all.

This is a long post and a sad one for me to write.  I want to share these things but also the fun things and the new expierences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment