Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to All and to All...


Merry Christmas!!  What a week it's been for me!  Great times with family and friends and we still have New Years Eve.

I got off work early (about 11:30 on Thursday) to go and finish Christmas shopping.  Thursday was a friends birthday and we started the birthday celebrations at my house consuming a celebratory shot of Crown Royal and some laughs while watching the snow come down hard.  15 of our nearest and dearest met at our local hang out...remember we live in the country so it's nothing fancy...to have dinner and drinks.  It snowed like CRAZY...but that didn't stop us from heading to the bar after dinner.  Leaving the bar at 2 AM with snow packed and icy roads was not the best idea...I mean, the interstate was even closed!


I was supposed to go to work for a half day on Friday, but thankfully due to snow and closed roads and a concerned boss/dad, I was able to stay home and sleep in.  Friday was spent home in my sweats wrapping presents and relaxing.  I think I was in bed asleep by 9:15...sometimes we all need our rest.  HAHA

Christmas Eve was spent at my parents house cooking, eating, eating, oh...did I mention eating!?  We had green chile stew, posole, tamales, jalapeno poppers, sausage balls, stuffed mushrooms, a cheese ball...oh goodness I ate way too much!!  My parents neighbors came over...friends since we moved in to that house, 25 years ago.  We laughed, ate, consumed some adult beverages, and gossiped.  Because who doesn't talk about the latest drama in town with their parents?!?!

Presents were opened, more stories told, thank yous were exchanged and gifts were packed up to bring home.  Everyone was so happy with their gifts, and like every year we all got way more than we'd hoped for...way more than we needed that's for sure!

Today we cooked the traditional Christmas lunch.  Turkey breast, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken and dumplings, deviled eggs.  Is that traditional?  What does everyone else eat?  I came home and spent the afternoon chilling on the couch watching movies with my sweet sweet dogs.

Gifts will follow in another post.  For now, I'm going to finish this movie...and my Christmas Coors Light and drift off to sleep.  I'm off again tomorrow...not sure what to do with myself with 4 1/2 days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment