Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This Weekend...

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Texas?!  Well, I do.  I spent this weekend visiting friends in Lubbock and it's just what I needed.

I've been out there pretty often lately and always hate coming home.  My best friend and her 3 amazing kids are there.  And I've met so many other great people who have become my friends.

I left home Friday morning at 6 AM and drove to Roswell (thru a MAJOR rain storm) for a meeting and then headed out to Lubbock.  I tried making it in time for the 3 PM pep rally but no luck there.

My friends oldest son is a senior in high school (not sure how this happened...seems like he was just born yesterday!!).  He's playing football again this year and is starting line offense and defense.  I vowed to make it to more games this year than in the past and have made it to half of them!!

It was Homecoming night and although they lost (by one measley field goal) they played their hearts out.  I've got to know a few of the boys on the football team and some of their friends and it was a bittersweat loss for them on their last Homecoming. 

After the game we went home and relaxed with a couple of beers and listened to the boys stories about how they felt the game went.  Of course there was a little bit of gossip too (did y'all know boys gossip just as much as girls??).

Saturday was spent eating and shopping and watching some college football.  We ended the night enjoying a few cocktails on the back porch and making life plans.  HAHA!!  The ideas we come up with.

Sunday mornings in Lubbock are always sad...I know I have to come home and hate packing up and driving away.  We went to lunch and said our good byes in the parking lot and I made the five and a half hour drive home.

Planning my next trip out there as I type this makes me happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment