Monday, November 12, 2012

My Weekend

My weekend was way too short!!!  Of course most of them are but this quick trip to Lubbock wore me out.  I had a blast and I am so happy that I went but I was extremely ready to be home last night.

I'd been "planning" this trip to Lubbock for about a week...ok really for almost a month but I mean really planned for about a week.  I woke up Thursday morning to a Facebook message from my BFF's husband saying that I should make a "surprise" trip to Lubbock for the weekend.  We had forgot to include him in the conversations about me going out there...OOPs!!!

I took the day off Friday and spent the early morning hours packing and was on the road by 8 AM for the 5 hour drive.  I was making good time...I was impressed with the 20 MPG my truck was getting (it's an 09 3/4 Dodge diesel)!!  I hit Clovis NM...and my check engine light comes on!!  Fortunately I made it to Lubbock and when I got ready to leave yesterday it just went off so I'm not sure what that was.

I got to Lubbock and was met by my most favorite and adorable 3 year old boy EVER!!!  And then watched him dance to "I'm Sexy and I Know It" ALL weekend long.

 
The sweet little boy raids his 8 year old brothers closet for some "better dancing clothes".  He studied the LMFAO video intently trying to figure out their moves.  Child can wiggle!!!
 
So my BFF has 3 boys...ages 3, 8, and 17.  The oldest is a senior in high school...Friday at 5 PM was his last high school football game.  They missed making the playoffs by one stinking game!!  We were all so upset they weren't making it to playoffs but they played their hearts out Friday night and won the game.  And my boy....he had an AMAZING interception!!!
 

This picture shows all of the emotion we had all night.  A mother and her first born consoling each other during the move to a new phase in life.  I seriously cry just looking at this picture today!  Baby boy is hoping to get on at West Texas A & M!  We are anxiously awaiting more news on that!

We spent the evening sitting on the back porch listening to the wind and doing what BFF's do.  We talked about everything...and about nothing.  The night was supposed to take us to an Aaron Watson concert but after my long drive and the game we were completely worn out and decided to stay in.

Saturday we spent the morning and early afternoon eating and shopping.  If you're ever in Lubbock, you need to make a trip to Coyote Candle Company!!  They don't have a website and this makes me sad.  They have so many amazingly cute things to look at and buy.  I ended up bringing home 3 new items from there this weekend.


My new clock!!!  I die!  The candle holders on the lower shelf came from Coyote Candle Co a few trips back!  I also purchased a tin tea light holder with cross cut outs and a little cake platter thing.  It currently sits beside my sink housing my Christmas hand soap and lotion! 

Saturday night ended with steak and shrimp on the grill and us girls watching Magic Mike!  I hadn't seen the movie yet and I loved it!

Sunday mornings in Lubbock make me sad!  I know that I must return home and I absolutely HATE that feeling.  I usually spend most of the 5 hour drive home in tears wishing I could turn around and go back.

Our tradition has been to meet up with another friend from Lubbock at Hooters on my way out of town and enjoy a nice girls lunch.  This trip didn't dissapoint.  We spent 2 hours in Hooters just talking and laughing and making friends with our waitress.

Unfortunately that 2 hour lunch made my trip home seems extremely long and it was way past dark when I got home.


A NM sunset was the best part of the drive home!
 

I got home and finished my night putting together my new vanity that I've had in my garage for 3 weeks and relaxing in bed.

Two weeks and the BFF will be here to visit!!!  I cannot wait.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment