Monday, December 3, 2012

My Weekend

My weekend...was low key and great!!!  My best friend and her 3 year old son came to visit and we had so much fun doing next to nothing.  Of course her coming also got me out of work a couple of hours early on Friday so that always makes a weekend great!

  • Friday night we went to her all time favorite restaurant in Belen (Pete's)...if you are ever in the area (like you'd really be in Belen, NM but maybe Albuquerque) Pete's is the place to go for some really good New Mexican food.  Dinner, 2 margaritas, and some great visiting completed we headed for home.  We stopped at the liquor store to buy some wine (St. Clairs Winery Cab-Zin...so good and a NM wine) thinking that we'd go home and enjoy a few glasses.  One glass of wine later (at 8:45) we were sound asleep!!!
  • Saturday morning breakfast at K & I Diner in Albuquerque before a quick trip up to Santa Fe to the little outlet mall.  K & I makes the best sloppy greasy amazingly good (but not good for you) food. 
  • The Santa Fe outlet mall - not very big...not a lot of stores but enough and the right stores for what we needed.  I bought an amazing leather jacket at Wilson's Leather for $41.99 (originally $150).  And should've splurged on a Coach purse that would've been about $90.  I'm kicking myself for that now.  A few stores we visited were Nike, Ralph Lauren Polo, Under Armour, Wilson's, Gymboree, Coach, and Merrell.  They had a few other stores (Levi's, Guess...) that we didn't go in.
  • After a quick trip to the park for my friends son to burn off some energy we went to the house to relax for a bit before dinner.
  • It was back to Belen to Fat Sats.  Fat Sats is owned locally by a guy I went to high school with and a couple of his family members so we try to head down there and support them occasionally.  Dinner and drinks with friends was fun! 
  • We stayed up later Saturday night, making it all the way to 11 PM!!!
  • Sunday morning we woke up and lounged around the house a bit before heading to a late breakfast and then she had to get back on the road to Texas.
I finished off the weekend building a bridge for my statics class and going to dinner with my parents and my cousin.

Now I'm ready to get thru until Wednesday and get on to Vegas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment