Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Month Later...

Where has time gone lately!  I've been crazy busy.  Some of it fun...some not so much.

My BFF and her two youngest kiddos came and spent a week during spring break.  It was so nice to have them around but so proving that I'm ok living alone right now.  I love those kids to death but oh my goodness I struggled with them all in my house that long.  I know that the boys were restless and didn't have their own stuff...and let's face it I don't have an abundance of toys to keep kids entertained.  Maybe struggled isn't the word but...something.

I need to get the pictures off of the camera and on to the computer and edit and post some here.  We spent a day at the zoo, we went up the Tram, we spent time at Chuck E Cheese, shopping, looking at numerous John Deere tractors, riding 4-wheelers, and playing at the park down the road from my house.  Oh and eating...I ate more that week than ever before.

They left and the next day (3/16) my amazing group of friends went out to support a good cause.  An acquaintance, a good guy in the rodeo community has cancer and is going through treatment.  Being part of the rodeo community is an amazing thing.  People pulled together and put on a rodeo and benefit dance.  I didn't make it to the rodeo but heard the turn out was great.  We did make it to the dance and it was so fun.  A little local band that is trying to branch out played and sounded great!  Drinks were had, dancing was done, laughs were contagious. 

With the weather trying to warm up and teasing us we have been itching to BBQ and enjoy a few cold beverages on the back porch.  We've spent Saturdays at my house cooking and eating and enjoying friends telling old stories. 

We've been out to the bars to see Bo Brown and Roger Creager.  We're going back to the bar this Friday to see Bo again and next week will traveling for my birthday and to see Bart Crow Band.

Pictures need to be edited and posted...drinks need to be...house needs to be cleaned.  So much to do and so little time!  And an exciting thing is that I get to pick up one of my best friends at the airport tomorrow for five days of fun catching up!  It's so needed after not seeing her for 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment