Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lately

Lately life has been hectic.  Not a horrible hectic but full of all kinds of stuff.

1.  Studying - Taking Physics and Accounting in a summer term when I'm not used to those kind of classes wasn't the best idea!  I'm struggling through the homework and maintaining a B in both classes with only 3 weeks left until the term is up.

2.  Working - I have slow days that drag and drag (today is one of them) and then I have crazy busy days that just fly by.  I wish I could level these days out but sometimes that just doesn't happen.  I haven't started the job hunt yet but I guess I need to get on that soon.

3.  Housework/Yardwork - This has been pretty non-existent lately.  I need to get caught back up.  I did do a deep cleaning on my bedroom and bathroom Sunday and I got all of  my laundry done and put away!  That is a major deal at my house, I can go months without getting laundry put away, I'll wash it and dry it and then leave it in a basket.

4.  Vacation - I've been doing plenty of vacationing.  We spent 3 days in Ruidoso...horse races, hot tubs, and good friends.  It couldn't be beat.  We then spent 5 whole days camping in the mountains near Pagosa Springs, CO.  And by camping I mean us girls slept in a tent and my folks had their 5th wheel decked out with everything anyone may ever need. 

The picture isn't the best but that is about 50 elk down in a meadow...it was awesome to see. 

About a 10 mile drive from our camp you can take a 1/2 mile walk to this really cool waterfall.  People actually swim at the base of it and jump off some rocks off to the side.  The water is way to cold for me to do that these days.

The beautiful view driving to the waterfall...don't mind the crack in my windshield.
 
That trip left me with this dirty truck that the car wash and numerous nights of rain hasn't totally cleaned. 
 
 
5.  One of my good friend's fathers passed away last week.  We took time to mourn him and then celebrated life with a great group of people.  Some people I hadn't seen in 15 years.  I love friends that can still get together after that long and just pick back up where we left off.
 
In NM this is how we dress for funerals...jeans and boots.  It was the first time I had put on jeans in about a month. 
 
 
Next up...I'm going to get my hair done tonight.  I haven't been since late March / early April so it's getting desperate.
 
I cannot decide what to do with it.  The left is what I normally do.  The right was a spur of the moment change a while back.  I think I'm just going to stick with my normal.
 


 
This weekend we are headed to a rodeo about 2 hours north of home.  Sleeping in the front seat of the truck Saturday night...I haven't done that in years.  It should be exciting.
 
In two weeks we will all be going back to Ruidoso for another 3 day weekend.  It is my "make-up birthday" weekend.  Full of presents and everything. I cannot wait for that trip.  And at that same time I will be finishing up school so it will be a nice little break.

No comments:

Post a Comment