Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Rodeo de Galisteo

A weekend with no photos...not much different than most weekends around here.

This past weekend was the 42nd Annual Rodeo de Galisteo and a weekend for the books.  My BFF and I...I mean we do almost everything together so why would this be different, made the short drive to Galisteo, NM Saturday morning to visit with and help some great friends and enjoy a rodeo weekend.

I haven't been to a rodeo in years.  I mean...probably 7 or 8 years at least.  I used to go all the time, my ex was a bull rider, that's what we did.  I mean, I've been to all day long team roping's and weeknight team roping practice so I guess that's kind of a rodeo but I mean a full on rodeo...years.

A great friend of ours is the stock contractor for this rodeo and his sister is the rodeo secretary and our other friend was the photographer so we knew it wouldn't be all fun and games and relaxing but it would be fun.  I was set up to be the lovely assistant to the photographer complete with computer and printer out in the dirt and wind...and rain. 

We worked, we ran, we got a little sun and most importantly we had a blast!  Seriously, it's weekends like this that make me the happiest.  I saw friends I hadn't seen in a long time (we had seen the stock contractor in over a year), we laughed at the stupidest things, we laughed at each others expense.  I mean, we rode in the back of the truck to go to a post-rodeo party down the road.  The stock contractors dad and his wife loaded 8 of us up in the bed of his truck and drove us down the road to a post-party. 

I came home exhausted but so happy with life.  Weekends like that rejuvenate me, they make me remember who I really am.  They make me realize what makes me really happy. 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6103777/?claim=79wdt7vb96q">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment