Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Very Quick Trip to Lubbock

We made a very quick trip to Lubbock this past weekend and man did it wear me out.

We've been planning this trip to Lubbock to see BFF Trish for about a month, the normal weekend trip.  Leave by 6 or 7 at the latest on Friday evening and return mid-day Sunday.  That was the plan at least...until Thursday.  BFF Bobbie works at the livestock auction on Thursday's and Friday's and Friday happened to be the BIGGEST sale of the season.  2,250 head of cattle came through the ring that day which meant that our departure time ended up being...midnight!!!

Lubbock is a good 5.5 hour trip without stops but everyone knows you can't sit in a truck that long so there were a few little stops.  We arrived at our destination at 6:15 AM...most people sleep all night.  Nope, we drive! 

After getting there and settling down from the all night trip we slept for approximately 2 hours...2 hours of sleep.  That's it!!!  We made ourselves look halfway decent and headed in to town to do a little wandering around.  We ate lunch at Cheddar's and spent a little time shopping at the mall.  We all ended up with a couple of really cute purchases.

After making our way back to the house we decided that we could relax for about an hour then we had to start getting ready.  Relaxing with 3 very chatty girls means not a whole lot of down time but it was so fun.

We spent hours getting ready and headed out.  We had decided that we were going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch football, when we got there the place was packed...apparently some big UFC fight.  so we found a table and proceeded to enjoy each others company and a few adult beverages while watching baseball, football, and UFC.  By about 10:30 Bobbie and I decided that we needed a change of scenery and to move around a little (living on 2 hours of sleep wasn't great) and we forced the others to the bar.  We ended up at Chances R and as much as some people thought they were going to hate it we all ended up having a good time.  Needless to say by about 1 AM we were ready to head home and finally get some sleep.

In bed by 2 AM and up by 8 AM...this girl needed a nap bad!  Sunday morning we got up and got ready.  As tradition goes we spent our last hour together at Hooter's talking about the fun we had and how we would miss each other until the next trip.  And of course trying to decide when that next trip would be. 

The drive home from Lubbock was not too horrible, there were a lot of very sleep deprived conversations and silly comments.  The whole trip was less that 48 hours...I think we decided about 43 hours and approximately 10 of that was spent driving and 8 sleeping.  8 hours of sleep all weekend...I'm getting too old for this.

Can't wait for the next trip...hopefully it will be a longer one.  But even if it isn't it is worth every sleepless minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment