Thursday, October 10, 2013

Job Hunting

For many months I've known that I need to be looking for a job...five months actually.  I've been putting it off for the most part.  I mean, I've thought about where I might like to work...and where I know I DON'T want to work.

For 15 years I've come to the same job, I've worked with some of the same people for 15 years.  I've progressed from a front desk receptionist starting my senior year of high school to a project engineer/manager that is so close to finishing my second associates degree (I know it should be more than that).  So much growth has occurred at this company - personal growth and growth as a company.

My dad has been with the company 40-something years, which means while I've had this job 15 years this has been my life...forever.  I take my work home, I dream about it, it's discussed at the dinner table and around the table at the bar.  It's a huge part of my life.

And now...this part of my life is coming to an end.  In the next two months I will be out of a job and the company will be liquidated.  I've been asking myself for months...What do I want to do?  Am I good enough at what I do to go somewhere else and do it?  Do I even want to?  This is an opportunity for me to start over...to start fresh. 

I've been on websites for hours looking at job openings...hours!!!  I've looked local, I've looked other places.  I cannot find anything that I feel "fits" me.  But I don't know what exactly fits me, this is the ONLY job I've ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment