Thursday, November 14, 2013

One Email Can Change Everything

I had every intention of posting what I was thankful for yesterday but truthfully, I couldn't find anything I was thankful for all morning.  I realize that I am very fortunate but yesterday, yesterday just didn't start out to be my day.

As I went outside to leave for work I found ice (already!!) on my windshield that I had to scrape.  No big deal but it's really just too early in the year to see that.  Then...then!!!  I go to Sonic for my ice tea fix and turn the truck off to order (diesel's are way too loud for drive thru ordering), I turn the truck back on...put it in drive...step on the gas pedal...and the truck cuts out and the check engine light comes on.  The continues to run and I proceed to the window and get my glorious tea.  I decide that I better stop by the dealership and get it hooked up to see why the light came on.  A quick stop I think...an HOUR later almost they come back with 4 codes...not just one but FOUR!!! 

I get to work and google the code they are most concerned with and find that it can be as easy as a blown fuse...or as expensive as $900 to fix!!  This is not what I need when I'm days from being without a job.  Queue tears!!

This then makes me think about the fact that I haven't heard back from BNSF and that certainly has to be bad news.  I've put all my eggs in one basket and haven't applied anywhere else.  What am I going to do now?!  Queue more tears!

Work problems...queue even more tears!

And then...here's where we get to what I was thankful for yesterday!!  I got an email at 1:15 PM...it was the BEST email ever!  Congratulations...you have a job offer from BNSF!!!  I got the job, well it's not mine yet, today I am sitting here filling out forms and making phone calls to get all of my medical testing completed.  But after that...I get the job!! 

Day 13 - I was so immensely thankful for that one little email that changed my mood and is directing me to my new future.

And today - Day 14 - I am thankful for hair appointments, I have one at 4 PM today and it is needed and deserved if I do say so myself!

I'm still on cloud 9 over this job and cannot quit smiling!!!  So here's to new beginnings!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new job! I hope it means lots of new exciting new beginnings for you.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete